How do you make a puppet certificate?
Puppet – SSL Sign Certificate Setup
- List Current Certificate Requests. On the Puppet master, run the following command to see all unsigned certificate requests.
- Sign a Request.
- Revoking the Host from the Puppet Setup.
- Viewing All Signed Requests.
How do you regenerate puppet agent certificate?
Step 3: Clear and regenerate certs for Puppet agents
- Stop the agent service. On *nix:
- Locate Puppet’s SSL directory and delete its contents.
- Restart the agent service.
- If you are not using autosigning, log in to the CA primary server and sign each agent node’s certificate request.
How do you list puppet certificates?
To view all certificate requests, signed and unsigned, use the –all flag as follows: sudo puppet cert list –all.
Where are puppet master certificates stored?
During the master and agent exchange, the CA is stored in the /etc/puppetlabs/puppet/ssl/ca/signed directory on the master and in the /etc/puppetlabs/puppet/ssl/certs directory on the agent.
How do I get a local issuer certificate?
Guide for the “SSL Certificate Problem: Unable to get Local Issuer Certificate”
- Change php. ini (Maintain SSL) Go to http://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem and download cacert. pem.
- Don’t Change php. ini (Maintain SSL) Enter the following code:
- Disable SSL (Not Recommended) Enter the following code: $ch = curl_init();
What is a puppet agent?
Puppet agent is the application that manages configurations on your nodes. It requires a Puppet primary server to fetch configuration catalogs. For more information about invoking the Puppet agent command, see the puppet agent man page.
How do I remove puppet certificate?
How to clean the local certificates in a puppet node
- find /etc/puppetlabs/puppet/ssl/certs/ -type f -name “$(hostname –fqdn).pem” -delete.
- sudo rm -fr /etc/puppetlabs/puppet/ssl/*
- puppet cert list –all.
- puppet cert clean $fqdn_of_the_node.
Why can’t I get a local issuer certificate?
The most common cause of the “unable to get local issuer certificate” error is a misconfigured web server that fails to send all of the intermediate certificates with the server certificate, when the client and server perform the SSL/TLS negotiation.
How do I fix unable to get local issuer certificate?
You have three primary solutions for the “SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate” error.
- Change php. ini (Maintain SSL) Go to http://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem and download cacert.
- Don’t Change php. ini (Maintain SSL)
- Disable SSL (Not Recommended) Enter the following code:
Does Puppet need an agent?
Puppet’s HTTPS traffic uses port 8140. Your operating system and firewall must allow Puppet agent to initiate outbound connections on this port. If you want to use a non-default port, you have to change the serverport setting on all agent nodes, and ensure that you change your primary Puppet server’s port as well.
What is better Puppet or Chef?
To use an analogy, using Puppet is like writing configuration files whereas using Chef is like programming the control of your nodes. If you or your team have more experience with system administration, you may prefer Puppet. On the other hand, if most of you are developers, Chef might be a better fit.
What is a Puppet agent?