How do I choose a comedic monologue?
10 Tips For Choosing The Best Monologue For You
- Know your casting type and be realistic about it.
- Know your age range.
- Play to your strengths.
- Choose a monologue with shifts in emotion.
- Choose one that matches the role you are going for.
- If they haven’t specified timings, keep it short.
- Choose a strong character.
Where can I find good monologues from plays?
Suggested sites for finding monologues on the web for free:
- Monologue Archive. An assortment of public domain monologues taken from classic plays organized by gender and type.
- Shakespeare’s Monologues.
- Audition Monologues by Stage Agent.
- The Monologue Database.
- Ace Your Audition Monologues.
What are some famous monologues in Theatre?
10 Best Audition Monologues for Actors
- “ Measure for Measure” by William Shakespeare: Act III, Scene 1.
- “ The Tempest” by William Shakespeare: Act II, Scene 2.
- “ Twelfth Night” by William Shakespeare: Act II, Scene 2.
- “ The Seagull” by Anton Chekhov: Konstantin’s mother monologue.
What are the two types of monologue?
There are two basic types of monologues in drama: Exterior monologue: This is where the actor speaks to another person who is not in the performance space or to the audience. Interior monologue: This is where the actor speaks as if to himself or herself.
What should you not do in a monologue?
Select an appropriate monologue.
- Select a monologue that shows off your diverse acting skills.
- Select an age appropriate monologue. Avoid using something that you used several years ago.
- Know your audition time limits.
- Avoid a monologue that includes excessive swearing, violence, or sex.
What are the three things that make a good monologue?
A monologue should show who you are, not add layers of dialects, character traits, a limp, or something outrageous to impress. If they can’t tell you’re acting, that’s good acting.
What is an example of a monologue?
A monologue involves one character speaking to another. A better example of a monologue is Polonius’ speech to his son, Laertes, before Laertes goes to France. Here, he gives advice for how Laertes should conduct himself overseas. “Yet here, Laertes!
What is the most famous monologue?
Here are some of the best movie monologues.
- American Psycho – “Morning Routine”
- Queen & Slim- “What Do You Want?”
- Star Wars Episode V – “I Am Your Father”
- Whiplash – “Break Up”
- It’s A Wonderful Life – “Lasso the Moon”
- The Big Lebowski – “I’m the Dude”
- Training Day- “King Kong”
- Rudy – Fortune’s Truth.
What are some examples of monologues?
How do you deliver the best monologue?
Tips for Performing Your Best Monologue
- Avoid fidgeting beforehand.
- Don’t stare down the panel – pick a specific point for delivery!
- Pick from a play.
- Introduce or look for levels.
- Don’t go over time.
- Try to find something unique.
- Do your research.
- Show your personality.
What is an example of monologue?
A monologue involves one character speaking to another. A better example of a monologue is Polonius’ speech to his son, Laertes, before Laertes goes to France. Here, he gives advice for how Laertes should conduct himself overseas.