What album sold the most this year?
TOP ALBUMS — SALES
- Folklore, Taylor Swift – 1.2 million.
- After Hours, The Weeknd – 476,000.
- Map of the Soul: 7, BTS – 361,000.
- Legends Never Die, Juice Wrld – 342,000.
- Fine Line, Harry Styles – 333,000.
- Chromatica, Lady Gaga – 312,000.
- Manic, Halsey – 279,000.
- Evermore, Taylor Swift – 270,000.
How many albums are sold a year?
Annual music album sales in the United States dropped by roughly nine percent between 2019 and 2020, amounting to just 102.4 million in the most recent year. In 2013, sales amounted to 289.4 million units, a number which had already noticeably decreased from the 331 million units sold in 2011.
Which album sold the most in 2021?
Best Selling Albums of 2021 So Far
- Gold, Abba.
- We’re All Alone In This Together, Dave.
- Sour, Olivia Rodrigo.
- Surrounded By Time, Tom Jones.
- Collapsed In Sunbeams, Arlo Parks.
- Evering Road, Tom Grennan.
- Future Nostalgia, Dua Lipa.
- The Highlights, The Weeknd.
Where can I track album sales?
The RIAA provides the most comprehensive data on U.S. recorded music revenues and shipments dating all the way back to 1973. This is the definitive source of revenue data for the recorded music industry in the United States.
What album is #1 on Billboard 2021?
Dangerous: The Double Album
Dangerous: The Double Album (2021) by American country singer Morgan Wallen is the longest running number-one album of 2021 so far, having topped the Billboard 200 for 10 consecutive weeks.
Who sold most albums?
Check out the 50 best-selling music artists of all time by album sales:
- The Beatles — 183 million units.
- Garth Brooks — 156 million units.
- Elvis Presley — 146.5 million units.
- Eagles — 120 million units.
- Led Zeppelin — 111.5 million units.
- Billy Joel — 84.5 million units.
- Michael Jackson — 84 million units.
Which artist has the most diamond albums?
Garth Brooks holds the record for most diamond-certified albums, with nine. Others with three or more albums that have reached diamond status include The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Shania Twain and the Eagles. The RIAA awards diamond plaques to albums and singles that reach 10 times platinum status.
How many sales is Diamond?
As music sales increased with the introduction of compact discs, the RIAA created the Multi-Platinum award in 1984. Diamond awards, honoring those artists whose sales of singles or albums reached 10,000,000 copies, were introduced in 1999.