What does resounding mean in English?
1 : producing or characterized by resonant sound : resonating. 2a : impressively sonorous. b : emphatic, unequivocal a resounding success. Other Words from resounding Synonyms & Antonyms Example Sentences Learn More About resounding.
How do you use resounding in a sentence?
Resounding in a Sentence 🔉
- A resounding cheer could be heard all the way across the stadium.
- Making a resounding boom, the dynamite explosion could be heard from several miles away.
- Letting out a resounding no, the frustrated board members loudly expressed their protest for the suggested budget cuts.
What is a resounding agreement?
When you really definitely agree with something and say “Oh definitely, yes!” this is an example of a resounding yes.
What is resound in a sentence?
(1) The astronaut was welcomed with joyous , resounding acclaim. (2) The echo resounded back to us. (3) The tragedy resounded around the world. (4) A roar of approval resounded through the Ukrainian parliament.
What part of speech is resounding?
RESOUNDING (adjective) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary.
What does resounding no mean?
adj. 1 clear and emphatic; unmistakable. a resounding vote of confidence. 2 full of or characterized by resonance; reverberating.
How do you use resounding?
Resounding sentence example
- It is true that we have some noble resounding echoes in the lyrical passages lx.
- He used a spherical Helmholtz resonator resounding to the tone to be measured.
- I threw him to the floor once, with a resounding thud.
- The answer to this question is a resounding yes!
What part of speech is the word resounding?
resounding adjective [before noun] (LOUD)
What is a sentence for Squire?
When there was high agriculture and a decent squire—and often there was a decent squire—the system worked rather well. In the great bulk of the agricultural districts there is not a resident squire to be found. There was a time when the squire and his relatives dominated the countryside.
What is the synonym of resounding?
reverberant, reverberating, resonant, resonating, echoing, vibrant, ringing, sonorous, deep, rich, clear. loud, booming, thunderous, deafening. faint. 2’the show was a resounding success’
What does a resounding success mean?
From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English resounding success/victory/defeat etca very great or complete success, victory etc The show was a resounding success.
Which is the best definition of the word resounding?
Definition of resounding. 1 : producing or characterized by resonant sound : resonating. 2a : impressively sonorous. b : emphatic, unequivocal a resounding success.
What is the difference between resounding and reverberant?
resounding – characterized by resonance; “a resonant voice”; “hear the rolling thunder”. resonant, resonating, reverberating, reverberative. reverberant – having a tendency to reverberate or be repeatedly reflected; “a reverberant room”; “the reverberant booms of cannon”.
What did the phrase resounding clatter in the room mean?
The sewing-machine made a resounding clatter in the room; it was of a ponderous, by-gone make. Yet these resounding phrases doubtless meant something less to Americans of 1764 than one is apt to suppose.