How can I check my KPLC bill by meter number?
KPLC bill query via SMS – check KPLC bill via text
- Send your message to the KPLC bill inquiry number 95551.
- In a few seconds, you will receive a message containing your current electricity bill and account details.
- Besides text, you can also engage with the new Kenya Power contact centre by dialling 97771.
How do I pay KPLC prepaid?
How to Pay Electricity Bill via M-Pesa
- Access your Safaricom menu, then select M-PESA.
- Choose Lipa na M-PESA, then Pay Bill.
- The Pay bill number for KPLC prepaid meters is 888880.
- Next, Key in your full KPLC prepaid meter number.
- Next, the amount to pay should be between 100 Kshs and 35,000 Kshs.
How do I find my PayBill number?
How to register for MPesa Paybill Number
- Visit Safaricom Lipa Na M-Pesa portal.
- Download the MPesa PayBill application form.
- Next, download the MPesa PayBill Terms and Conditions.
- Fill out the forms with the required information.
- Agree to the terms and conditions stated.
- Sign the pay bill form that you have filled.
How can I check my electricity bill via SMS?
How to Use KPLC eBill Service
- Open a new SMS message service.
- Enter the message recipient as 95551.
- Enter the first digits of your account number in the message field. e.g., if your account number is 562897-01, enter 562897.
- Wait for an automatic reply with your account balance details. E-bill e-mail Service.
How can I pay my electricity bill by post?
Paying your Postpaid Electricity Bill with M-Pesa (Safaricom)
- Select “Pay Bill” from the M-Pesa menu.
- Enter the Kenya Power business number 888 888.
- Enter your new Kenya Power account number e.g. 123456.
- Enter the amount you wish to pay which should be between Shs.
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN.
Is KPLC Prepaid down?
Kenya Power will shut down the prepaid system from 11.00 p.m tomorrow to facilitate transfer of data to a new hardware. During the shutdown, prepaid customers will not be able to purchase tokens from Kenya Power’s banking halls, prepaid paybill number 888880 and through all other prepaid vending channels.
What is the difference between Paybill and till number?
For a Till Number, the receiving Company or Business pays for the transaction while in the case of Pay Bill number, the customer pays the fee. To access the Pay Bill on M-PESA Menu (Lipa Na M-PESA), you select Pay Bill while Till is accessed by selecting Buy Goods and Services.
How do I activate my Paybill number?
- Dial *234# from the nominated number.
- Select option 2 – M-PESA Business Till.
- Enter Store number (One received on SMS)
- Select option 1 – Yes.
- Accept Terms and Conditions.
How to pay electricity bill via M-Pesa?
How to Pay Electricity Bill via M-Pesa Access your Safaricom menu, then select M-PESA. Choose Lipa na M-PESA, then Pay Bill. The Pay bill number for KPLC prepaid meters is 888880. Next, Key in your full KPLC prepaid meter number. Next, the amount to pay should be between 100 Kshs and 35,000 Kshs. M-PESA asks you for your M-Pesa PIN.
How can I pay my Kenya Power Bill?
Both postpaid customers and prepaid customers can pay their Kenya Power (KPLC) bill via M-Pesa. In a few minutes, you can easily pay your KPLC bill. To pay your KPLC bill, you should be knowledgable about the KPLC M-Pesa paybill number. At the time of payment, you have to enter your KPLC M-Pesa pay bill number.
How to pay KPLC postpaid Bill via M-Pesa?
Clients who pay their electricity bill through M-Pesa can keep the records of their payment. Now, you no longer need to spend your precious time standing in a queue at the office of Kenya Power to pay your KPLC postpaid bill. You can now pay KPLC via M-Pesa all while sitting at your home, office, college, or any other place.
Is it cheaper to pay with Mpesa or KPLC?
It is also cheaper since the only costs are the Mpesa rates. KPLC operates and owns most of Kenya’s electricity transmission and distribution network. To ensure sufficient transmission and consumption of power, KPLC encourages the use of the M-pesa KPLC paybill number for KPLC prepaid meters when paying for electricity tokens.