What are some good toppings for waffles?
7 Best Waffle Toppings
- Brandied Apricot Butter. This fruit-filled butter is wonderful on waffles but it’s also great on crusty bread, warm popovers, pancakes and muffins.
- Perfect Blueberry Syrup.
- Belgian Chocolate-Fudge Sauce.
- Wild Berry Compote.
- Stone-Fruit Butter.
- Berries with Lemon Mint Syrup.
- Bourbon Whipped Cream.
What is the most popular waffle topping?
The website National Today surveyed 1,000 Americans to discover their top 10 favorite waffle toppings and here is what they found.
- Maple Syrup – 62%
- Butter – 10%
- Fresh Fruit – 8%
- Peanut Butter – 4%
- Fruit Sauce – 4%
- Nutella – 4%
- Chocolate – 3%
- Honey – 2%
How do you dress up a waffle?
Top-Notch Waffles: How to Dress Them Up
- Basic Waffle Recipe. Start with Food Network Magazine’s recipe for perfect waffles.
- Peanut Butter Sauce and Ice Cream.
- Caramelized Bananas and Bacon.
- Coconut Sauce and Ginger.
- Grape and Pear Sauce.
- Brown Butter and Oranges.
- Cardamom Spiced Syrup.
What are the best toppings for Belgian waffles?
The best Belgian waffle toppings to add flair to your waffle dishes.
- 1.) Melted butter or margarine and Maple Syrup.
- 2.) Nutella or Chocolate sauce.
- 3.) Powdered Sugar.
- 4.) Ice Cream.
- 5.) Caramelized Bananas.
- 6.) Strawberries.
- 7.) Whipped cream with sprinkles.
- 8.) Cinnamon Roll Icing.
What can I put on my waffles instead of syrup?
With these waffle topping ideas, you’ve pretty much got endless combos for fun.
- Drizzles: Maple syrup, honey, hot fudge sauce, caramel sauce and fruit syrups like strawberry, blueberry, blackberry and more.
- Spreads: Whipped butter, peanut butter, Nutella, cream cheese, marshmallow fluff, whipped cream and yogurt.
Can you put butter on waffles?
Melt a small amount of butter in a large frying pan over medium / low medium. When melted, put the waffle in the pan and lightly toast. Your waffle will be evenly coated, warm and even crispier.
How do you keep waffles crispy?
How to Keep Homemade Waffles Crisp
- Set your oven to warm. If you don’t have a warm setting, set it to 200°F.
- Place a cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet and put it into the oven.
- As each waffle finishes, place it on the rack.
- Serve all waffles at the same time when done and enjoy your family breakfast together!
Do you eat Belgian waffles with syrup?
Most locals wouldn’t be caught salivating over these cases of waffles. Belgians traditionally eat their Brussels waffle with a little bit of butter and confectioner’s sugar. Unlike most American Belgian waffles, you won’t find a local slathering on syrup to their waffle either.
What is the most popular pancake topping?
Lemon and sugar may currently hold the crown but not for long. Our study has revealed that lemon and sugar was voted the ultimate pancake topping by 25 year olds and above, with 18 – 24 year olds opting for the spreadable goodness that is Nutella.
What can I put on top of pancakes Besides syrup?
Easy Pancake Toppings That Are Better Than Syrup
- 1-Minute Peanut Butter Syrup. Peanut butter | iStock.com.
- Peach Pancake Syrup. Pancakes with peaches | iStock.com.
- Vanilla Bourbon Caramel Sauce.
- Aunt Bonnie’s Chocolate Syrup for Pancakes.
- Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Syrup.
- Warm Apple Pancake Topping.
- Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce.
What can you put on waffles instead of syrup?
14 Waffle Toppings for Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner Whipped Cream and Chocolate Syrup. A little spin on the usual syrup and butter is whipped cream and chocolate syrup waffles! Peaches and Honey. Looking for something sweet but healthy? Ice Cream and Chopped Nuts. Blueberries and Yogurt. S’mores. Peanut Butter and Jelly. Lemon Curd. Buttermilk Syrup. Strawberry Syrup. Cinnamon Sugar.
What to put on waffles?
If you want to spice up plain waffles after cooking them, try toppings like chopped or stewed fruit, ice cream, shredded coconut, jelly, powdered sugar, or chocolate sauce. You can also top your waffles with cooked eggs and bacon for a heartier meal, or fold the waffle over the eggs and bacon to create a breakfast sandwich.
What to serve with waffles for breakfast?
Meal ideas with waffles for breakfast: Meal 1: The Hippie. The crunchy flower power waffle. Serve your waffle with Greek yogurt, sprinkled with granola and a generous helping of fresh berries or Summer Fruit Salad on the side.
What is a waffle recipe?
Instructions Preheat waffle iron. In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and whisk to combine. In a separate small bowl whisk the eggs and stir in the warm milk, melted butter and vanilla extract. Ladle the batter into the preheated waffle iron and cook until the waffles are golden brown and crisp.