What do you mean by gallantly?
adjective. brave, spirited, noble-minded, or chivalrous: a gallant knight; a gallant rescue attempt. exceptionally polite and attentive to others, especially to women; courtly. stately; grand: a gallant pageant.
What is an example of something gallant?
The definition of gallant is brave, noble or polite. An example of gallant is a child who always minds her manners. Gallant is defined as a man who is polite and attentive to women. An example of gallant is a knight.
How do you use Gallant?
Gallant in a Sentence 🔉
- Despite being outnumbered the gallant soldiers were eager for battle.
- The rookie fighter put on a gallant display but still lost the match to his experienced competitor.
- Unfortunately the fireman’s gallant effort to save the woman came too late.
What does Hallant mean?
formal. (of a man) polite and kind toward women, especially when in public: That wasn’t very gallant of you, Paul, pushing a young lady out of the way like that!
How is gallant used in a sentence?
Gallant sentence example
- “That’s not fair!” my gallant bride-to-be offered.
- The most famous episode of the town’s history is its gallant and successful defence in the war of 1870-1871.
- I think there were not many such gallant sons of the fatherland out there as he.
Can a woman be gallant?
It can still be used that way, but more often it describes any kind of bravery, and it is just as correct to describe a woman’s bravery as gallant as it is a man’s.
What is a good sentence for Gallant?
(1) She made a gallant attempt to hide her tears. (2) Huang Jiguang’s gallant deed is known by all men. (3) The gallant soldiers lost their lives so that peace might reign again. (4) Despite fierce competition she made a gallant effort to win the first medal of the championships.
How do you use the word gallant in a sentence?
What does Gallant mean in Romeo and Juliet?
gallant. having or displaying great dignity or nobility. Dismal Pilgrimage Vial Wayward Pensive Exile Fickle Fray Gallant Martial remnants ambiguities haughty scourge penury predominant intercede lamentable procure cunning.
Who is known as the gallant lover?
Laura Liorente was known in her locality as ‘The Silver Maiden’. She was in love with Gonzalo, a gallant lover. He used to pass by her house on horseback every morning through the rose garden and toss up a bouquet of flowers to her balcony which she caught.
What does gallant refer to?
Gallant meaning. 1. Noble in bearing or spirit; brave; high – spirited; courageous; heroic; magnanimous; as, a gallant youth; a gallant officer. 2.
What does Gallanter mean?
1. Smartly or boldly stylish; dashing: a gallant feathered hat; cut a gallant figure at the coronation. 2. a. Unflinching in battle or action; valiant: put up a gallant resistance to the attackers.
What does Galante mean?
Origin and Meaning of Galante. A submission from Georgia, United States says the name Galante means “Like the rooster.” and is of Italian origin.
What is the definition of gallantly?
gal·lant | \\ ˈga-lənt (usually in sense 2) ; gə-ˈlant , gə-ˈlänt (usually in sense 3) \\. Definition of gallant (Entry 2 of 4) 1 : showy in dress or bearing : smart. 2a : splendid, stately a gallant ship.