How does a user profile get corrupted?
Microsoft says that a user profile can become corrupted if your antivirus software is scanning your PC while you try to log on, but it could also be caused by other things. A quick fix can be to restart your PC, but if this doesn’t work you’ll need to restart again and boot into Safe mode.
What does it mean when your profile is corrupted?
If you’re trying to sign into your user account on your PC and get an error message that says, “The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded”, your user profile may be corrupted. It could also mean that there’s an incorrect profile path in the registry for that user account.
How do I fix a corrupted profile?
How can I fix a corrupted user profile in Windows 10?
- Quick fix for a corrupt user profile.
- Create a new user profile.
- Perform DISM and SFC scan.
- Install the latest updates.
- Reset Windows 10.
- Run an in-depth antivirus scan.
How do I fix a corrupted domain profile in Windows 10?
1. Use Registry Editor to Fix Corrupt User Profile in Windows 10
- Right-click on the Start button and click on Run.
- On the Run Command window, type regedit and click on OK.
- On the Registry Editor screen, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList.
How do I reset my Windows 10 profile?
To reset a user’s profile
- From the left-hand pane, expand. Users and choose All Users.
- From the right-hand pane, right-click the user and, from the menu, choose Reset Profile.
- To confirm the reset, click Yes.
Why is my user profile corrupted in Windows 10?
Corrupt User Profile in Windows 10. According to Microsoft, User Profile can get corrupted if the Antivirus program on your computer was busy scanning the PC while you were trying to Login to your User Account. Apart from this, there could be many other reasons for Corrupted User Profile in Windows 10.
What happens if you have corrupt user account?
What does a user profile do on a computer?
A user profile in a Windows computer can be described as a customized desktop environment or visual display of desktop settings associated with a particular user. A typical user profile contains the settings for desktop background, screen savers, program icons, shortcuts to folders/programs and other features.
How to rebuild a Windows 10 user profile?
How do I rebuild a Windows 10 profile? Open Microsoft Management Console by selecting Start, typing mmc into the search box, and then press Enter. If you’re… In the left pane of Microsoft Management Console, select Local Users and Groups. Select the Users folder. Select the Action menu, and then