What does to economise mean?
Verb. 1. economise – spend sparingly, avoid the waste of; “This move will save money”; “The less fortunate will have to economize now” economize, save.
What is the noun of exchange?
exchange. An act of exchanging or trading. A place for conducting trading. A telephone exchange.
Is economize a noun verb or adjective?
Word family (noun) economics economist economy (adjective) economic economical ≠ uneconomic(al) economy (verb) economize (adverb) economically ≠ uneconomically.
How do you use economize in a sentence?
Economize sentence example
- When loaded by shovel the car is made low to economize labour.
- This type of structure, which is extremely various in its details, is found especially, as we should expect, in plants which have to economize their water supply.
Is exchange a verb or noun?
verb (used without object), ex·changed, ex·chang·ing. to make an exchange; engage in bartering, replacing, or substituting one thing for another. to pass or be taken in exchange or as an equivalent.
What is an example of exchange?
An example of to exchange is to gift Christmas gifts at the company office party. An example of to exchange is to trade vegetables from your garden for cookies with your neighbor. An example of to exchange is to trade in your money for Euros while traveling in Europe. To give and receive reciprocally; interchange.
What is the noun of acquire?
Acquisition most commonly means the process of obtaining something or the thing that is obtained. It is a noun form of the verb acquire, which most commonly means to get, buy, or learn.
What is the noun of intend?
intention. The goal or purpose behind a specific action or set of actions. (obsolete) Tension; straining, stretching. A stretching or bending of the mind toward an object; closeness of application; fixedness of attention; earnestness.
How do you economize Words?
Here are 10 suggestions for economizing:
- Don’t use the same word more than once in a sentence.
- Use active voice – your writing will be livelier, and you’ll use less words in the process.
- Don’t use 10 words to describe something when five will do.
- Include only the most relevant details.