What is the default password for Netgear NAS?
The default username for your Netgear ReadyNAS is admin. The default password is netgear1.
How do I Reset my Netgear NAS password?
Launch a web browser and enter the URL https://ReadyNAS_IP_address/password_recovery (ReadyNAS_IP_address is the IP address of your ReadyNAS).
- The password recovery screen displays.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter the Recovery answer that matches the Recovery question.
- Click Recover.
How do I Reset my Netgear ReadyNAS NV+?
If you have a ReadyNAS NV+, continue to hold the Reset button until “Factory Reset” appears in the status display screen (after about 30 seconds), and then release the Reset button. The factory reset takes up to 30 minutes. It tests and formats the disks, installs the operating system, and creates a new volume.
How do I reset my Netgear NAS to factory settings?
To perform an OS reinstall or factory reset:
- Power off your system.
- Locate the Reset button:
- Using a straightened paper clip, press and hold the Reset button.
- While continuing to hold the Reset button, press and release the Power button to power on the system.
How do I reset my Netgear NAS without losing data?
How to Factory Reset Netgear ReadyNAS?
- First of all, turn the ReadyNAS device off and locate the Reset button on it.
- Take a hold of a paper clip or pin-like device.
- Press and release the ReadyNAS Reset button using the pin.
- Now, power up the device and again press the Reset button.
- Let the lights on your device turn on.
How do I reset my ReadyNAS 2100?
The reset was done as follows:
- Off the device.
- Press and hold the reset button (sys) until all LED indicators (except the disk operation indicator) light up.
- Use the backup button to select 2 drives.
- Confirm the selection by pressing the sys button.
How do I restart ReadyNAS?
How do I gracefully shut down or restart my ReadyNAS OS 6 storage system?
- Use the Power icon at the top right corner of the local admin page to gracefully shut down or restart the ReadyNAS.
- To gracefully shut down or restart the system:
- Select System > Overview.
What are the default user interface passwords for Netgear?
Password for older models: 1234 . NETGEAR ReadyNAS and ReadyDATA products: Username for all models: admin; Password for ReadyNAS OS and ReadyDATA OS: password; Password for RAIDiator firmware: netgear1; Password for Infrant firmware: infrant1 . NETGEAR fully managed switches: Username: admin; Password: These products do not use a default password.
What to do if you forgot username and password in ReadyNAS NV +?
As a follow-up, you may need to check if your RND4000 (also known as ReadyNAS NV+) is a version 1 or version 2. Check this article below as reference guide: Be sure to perform OS reinstall. Doing OS reinstall will not delete the data stored in your NAS. It will just reset the username and password to its default credentials.
What to do if you forgot your NAS username and password?
Be sure to perform OS reinstall. Doing OS reinstall will not delete the data stored in your NAS. It will just reset the username and password to its default credentials. Be reminded that if you choose factory default in the boot menu options then that will wipe out all data stored in your NAS.
Where can I find information about my Netgear product?
With NETGEAR’s round-the-clock premium support, help is just a phone call away. NETGEAR provides complimentary technical support for NETGEAR products for 90 days from the original date of purchase. GearHead Support is a technical support service for NETGEAR devices and all other connected devices in your home.