How do I format degrees minutes seconds in Excel?
Converting Degrees/Minutes/Seconds to Decimal Degrees
- Start Excel and press ALT+F11 to start the Visual Basic Editor.
- On the Insert menu, click Module.
- Enter the sample code for the Convert_Decimal custom function described above into the module sheet.
- Press ALT+F11 to return to excel.
How do you enter degrees minutes in Excel?
1 Answer. Enter your location data in 3 columns, A, B, C, the decimal degree is simply =A2+B2/60+C2/3600, where A = degrees, B = minutes, C = seconds.
How do you convert degrees minutes seconds?
The decimal part of a degree is first multiplied by 60 to get the measure in minutes. Then, the decimal part of the minutes is multiplied by 60 to get the measure in seconds. Let us convert 12.72° into degrees-minutes-seconds.
What is the symbol for hour?
An hour (symbol: h; also abbreviated hr) is a unit of time conventionally reckoned as 1⁄24 of a day and scientifically reckoned as 3,599–3,601 seconds, depending on conditions.
How to format minutes and seconds in Excel?
Highlight the cells you wish to format eg: D3:D10. In the Ribbon, select Home > Number and then click on the little arrow on the right-hand side of the number group. The Format Cells dialog box will be shown. Click on Custom at the bottom of the list, and then type mm:ss into the custom format text box.
How to custom format a cell to display Degrees Minutes Seconds?
How do I custom format a cell to display degrees minutes seconds. I now there is a way. I found in on the web once but can not find it again. The formating from cpearson does not work the way i want. For example if in cell a1 I input 50.2536, I want to to format the cell as 50° 25′ 36″. opefully this can be applished without any formulas.
How to convert degrees to minutes in Excel?
Enter the sample code for the Convert_Degree custom function described above into the module sheet. Press ALT+F11 to return to excel. In cell A1 type 10.46. In cell A2 type the formula: =Convert_Degree(A1) The formula returns 10°27’36” Converting Degrees/Minutes/Seconds to Decimal Degrees
How do you convert time to decimal in Excel?
1. Select a blank cell, for instance, Cell B1, enter this formula =A1*24 in the cell (the Cell A1 indicates the cell you want to convert its data to decimal time, you can change it as you need), then click Enter button on the keyboard. See screenshot: 2. Then drag the handle fill to fill the range you want to work.