How do you start a SLP in NetBackup?
Use the following procedure to create an SLP that contains multiple storage operations. In the NetBackup Administration Console, select NetBackup Management > Storage > Storage Lifecycle Policies. Click Actions > New > New Storage Lifecycle Policy (Windows) or Actions > New > Storage Lifecycle Policy (UNIX).
How do SLP images expire?
To expire the image or images, you can do one of the following:
- Wait for the image or copy to become SLP-complete.
- Use the nbstlutil cancel command to terminate the SLP processing.
- Add the -force_not_complete option to the bpexpdate command to force the expiration even if the image or copy is not SLP-complete.
What is a NetBackup storage Server?
A storage server is a NetBackup media server that mounts the disk storage and writes data to and reads data from the disk storage. For AdvancedDisk, NetBackup media servers function as both storage servers and data movers. Multiple storage servers can exist.
How do I create a policy in NetBackup?
Creating a NetBackup policy
- Start the NetBackup Administration Console.
- In the right pane, select Create a Backup Policy.
- Click Next in the Welcome dialog.
- In the Policy Name and Type dialog, type a policy name, then select DataStore from the policy type list, and then click Next.
How do I set up NetBackup?
To configure NetBackup to use storage devices on your tape gateway
- Open the NetBackup Administration Console and run it as an administrator.
- Choose Configure Storage Devices to open the Device Configuration wizard.
- Choose Next.
- In the Device Hosts column, select your computer, and then choose Next.
How do I extend backup retention in NetBackup?
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand NetBackup Management > Host Properties > Master Server > Double-click on master server > Retention Periods.
- Select a retention level that you want to redefine.
- The policy impact list now displays the names of all schedules that use the selected retention level.
What does SLP stand for?
SLP stands for Speech-Language Pathologist. SLP’s must have earned Master’s degrees from a University program which has been accredited by ASHA (the American Speech and Hearing Association).
How do you set up a speech pathology?
How to Change Your SLP Configuration
- Become an administrator.
- Stop slpd and all SLP activity on the host.
- Back up the default /etc/inet/slp.
- Edit the property settings in the /etc/inet/slp.
- Save your changes and close the file.
- Restart slpd to activate your changes.
What is the lifecycle policy in NetBackup?
NetBackup Storage Lifecycle Policy (SLP) is a powerful feature used not only for image duplication but also for disaster recovery purpose.
Which is the most useful feature of NetBackup?
In this post we discuss one of the most useful NetBackup feature – Storage Lifecycle Policy (SLP). Some of you probably have used SLP policies already and also I have written some posts where SLPs are utilized for NetBackup Master Server Disaster Recovery or NetBackup Auto Image Replication (AIR).
What do you need to know about storage lifecycle policy?
Storage Lifecycle Policy (SLP) overview and usage A storage lifecycle policy (SLP) is a storage plan for a set of backups and provides additional staging locations, including all supported disk types, VTL and tape. We can provide additional staging retentions and classification of backup data as well.
When does data on primary storage expire in NetBackup?
Expire after copy – the data on primary storage will be expired after duplicating to other storage Maximum Snapshot limit – the maximum number of snapshots that can be stored for a particular policy and client pair