What is the MPG of a Chevy 2500HD?
Fuel Economy and Real-World MPG We tested the Silverado 2500HD with the gasoline 6.6-liter V-8, and it earned 14 mpg on the highway. For comparison, we tested an F-250 with the gas-fed 6.2-liter V-8 and six-speed automatic transmission, and it returned 15 mpg in the same test.
How do you get 30 mpg on a Duramax?
General Tips for Better MPG
- Don’t let your truck idle for long periods of time if you can help it. Idling burns a lot of fuel and your gas mileage will take a hit.
- Don’t be heavy on the gas.
- Watch your tire pressure.
- Service and maintain your Duramax truck regularly.
What mileage does a 6.6 Duramax get?
This Duramax 6.6-liter V-8 gets 17 to 19 mpg on the highway.
Is the Chevy 2500 diesel reliable?
The Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Reliability Rating is 3.5 out of 5. It ranks 20th out of 32 for all car brands.
What 3/4 ton truck gets the best mpg?
The Most Fuel-Efficient Pickups You Can Buy
- Ford F-150 2WD Diesel | 23 MPG.
- Hyundai Santa Cruz AWD | 23 MPG.
- GMC Canyon 2WD Diesel | 23 MPG.
- Chevrolet Colorado 2WD Diesel | 23 MPG.
- Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel | 24 MPG.
- Ford F-150 2WD PowerBoost Hybrid | 25 MPG.
- GMC Sierra 1500 2WD Diesel | 26 MPG.
How can I get better gas mileage in my Chevy 2500hd?
How to Improve Chevy 6.0 Vortec Gas Mileage
- Change your driving habits.
- Change your vehicle’s spark plugs, spark plug wires, fluids and filters when recommended by the manufacturer.
- Consolidate the number of stops to make and choose shorter, less congested routes.
- Eliminate any excess weight you’re carrying around.
What is the best year of the Duramax?
Any generation duramax will pull a 3 horse trailer handily. They all have their own quirks and issues that can be resolved, and once they are, you’ve got a reliable, strong truck for many miles. Most will say the 06-07 LBZ model to be the most desirable and reliable platform.
What problems do LMM Duramax have?
5 Most Common LMM Duramax Engine Problems
- DPF system & active regeneration.
- Leaking transmission lines.
- Fueling / low fuel pressure.
- Piston / crankshaft failure.
- Allison 1000 power limitation.
How good is the 6.6 Duramax?
The 6.6L Duramax has been in production since 2001 and has proved, on a large scale, to be a relatively reliable and durable platform. However, like any engine (or any complex mechanism for that matter), the Duramax engine and Allison 1000 transmission have some common problems inherent to their design.
What year Chevy diesel is the best?
2006-2007 Chevrolet/GMC 2500HD and 3500HD – Best Pre-Emissions Diesel. The 2006-2007 Chevrolet and GMC 2500 and 3500 pickups are included in our rundown for their utilitarian prowess (they’re solid workhorse rigs), and also because of the serious “hot rod” potential in their 6.6L Duramax LBZ V-8 engine.
Is the 6.6 Duramax a good engine?