Where does Outlook backup pst files?
pst is stored in the drive:\Documents and Settingsser\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder. Notes: The default location of the . pst file is a hidden folder. To use Windows Explorer to navigate to this folder, you must first turn on the display of hidden folders.
How do I move my Outlook 2013 PST file to another computer?
How to transfer Outlook data from one computer to another computer
- Select the File tab.
- In the Info category, select the Account Settings button and then select Account Settings.
- In the Account Settings window, select the Data Files tab.
- Select Add, select Outlook data file (.
- Type a unique name for the new .
Where is Outlook 2013 data stored?
Documents\Outlook Files folder
Outlook Data Files (. pst) created by using Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016 are typically saved on your computer in the Documents\Outlook Files folder.
How do I copy my Outlook PST file?
In Outlook click on File tab, Open and Export, Import/Export. In the Import and Export Wizard select Import from another program or file then click Next. Select Outlook Data File (. pst) then click Next.
How do I restore my Outlook PST file in Windows 10?
- Choose: File-> Open-> Outlook Data File…
- Browse to the location where you’ve restored the pst file.
- You’ll now see an additional set of folders added to your folder list which you can expand.
- In this folder select the messages you want to restore to the original Inbox folder.
Can you open a PST file without Outlook?
If your Microsoft Office license has expired and you want to open your PST files without Outlook, you should download an external tool. The free program “Coolutils Outlook Viewer”, for example, enables you to open your PST file without Outlook.
Where is my Outlook PST file in Windows 10?
You can find your . pst file in one of the following locations: Windows 10 drive:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook. Windows 10 drive:\Users\\Roaming\Local\Microsoft\Outlook.
Where is Outlook data stored?
user AppData folder
Open the File menu and select Account Settings. Click on the Data Files tab once the Account Settings window in Outlook opens. The Data Files tab shows you all of your Outlook data files including both PST and OST files. Most of your data files will be stored in your local user AppData folder.
Where is Outlook calendar data stored?
Microsoft Outlook typically stores the messages, folders, calendars, and other items available to you in files with a . pst extension in the “Outlook Files” folder in the “Documents” folder on your computer.
How do I backup and restore my Outlook PST file?
Back up your email
- Select File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Select Export to a file, and then select Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst), and select Next.
- Select the mail folder you want to back up and select Next.
- Choose a location and name for your backup file, and then select Finish.
How to import pst file to my outlook?
Export your Outlook for Windows email messages, contacts, calendar items, tasks, and notes to a .pst file. (Export or backup email, contacts, and calendar to an Outlook .pst file) Transfer the .pst file from your Windows computer to your Mac (see the Apple web site for instructions). On the Tools tab, choose Import . Select Outlook for Windows archive file (.pst) > Continue . Locate the .pst file on your Mac, and then See More…
How do I repair Outlook PST?
Steps to Repair PST File : Download and Install the Stellar Repair for Outlook. Run and select the corrupt PST file by using Browse and Find option from ‘Select PST file for Repair ’ Window.
How do I save pst files in outlook?
Select Outlook data file (.pst) in the pop-up window. When this option is selected, you can create and save a new PST data file from your mailbox. Click OK. This will confirm your file type selection, and prompt you to select a saving location. Save your new PST data file.
How to open .pst file in Microsoft Outlook?
1) Select File > Open & Export > Open Outlook Data File. 2) Select the Outlook Data File (.pst), and then select Open. 3) Once you open the Outlook Data File (.pst), the file will appear in your folder pane. Usually you’ll find it at the bottom of the list of folders. The following image is an example. The name of your Outlook Data File (.pst) will likely not be . Usually, the name is based on the account the file is associated See More…