How do I change a table style in Word?
To modify a table style:
- Click in the table.
- Click the Table Tools Design or Table Design tab in the Ribbon.
- Click the More down arrow on the bottom right in the Table Styles gallery.
- Click Modify Table Style.
- From the Apply Formatting to drop-down menu, select the element that you want to modify (such as Header row).
How do you insert an automatic table 2 style in Word?
Create the table of contents
- Click where you want to insert the table of contents – usually near the beginning of a document.
- Click References > Table of Contents and then choose an Automatic Table of Contents style from the list.
How do I apply a list of table 2 styles in Word?
To apply a table style:
- Click anywhere in your table to select it, then click the Design tab on the far right of the Ribbon.
- Locate the Table Styles group, then click the More drop-down arrow to see the full list of styles.
- Select the table style you want.
- The table style will appear.
How do you modify table style options?
To change the table style:
- Select any cell in your table. The Design tab will appear.
- Locate the Table Styles group. Click the More drop-down arrow to see all of the table styles.
- Hover the mouse over the various styles to see a live preview.
- Select the desired style. The table style will appear in your worksheet.
How do you make a table look better in Word?
- Open the document containing the table you wish to modify in Word.
- Click on the four-sided arrow icon in the top right corner of your table to select the entire table.
- Click the “Design” tab, then the “More” button in the Table Styles box and then “Modify Table Style…” to open the Modify Style dialog box.
How do I insert a list of tables in Word?
To create a combined list of tables and figures
- After the table of contents, click where you want to insert the list.
- In the Insert menu, pull down to Index and Tables.
- Click Table of Figures.
- Check Include label and number, Show page numbers, Right align page numbers.
- Click Options.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
How do I select the second row in a table in Word?
To select multiple rows using the keyboard, keep the “Shift” pressed and press the down arrow key once for each subsequent row you want to select. NOTE: When using the keyboard to select rows, you cannot select non-contiguous rows.
How to change the style of a table in word?
Apply a Table Style 1 Click inside the table. 2 Click the Design tab in the Table Tools ribbon group. 3 The Table Styles group will show a few table styles, but to see the rest, you’ll need to expand the gallery. 4 (Optional) Click the Table Styles More button to see all the available styles. 5 Select a style.
Can You format a table in Word 2007?
After you create a table, Microsoft Office Word 2007 offers you many ways to format that table. If you decide to use Table Styles, you can format your table all at once, and even see a preview of what your table will look like formatted in a particular style before you actually apply the style.
How do I create a custom table style?
To create a custom table style: Click in the table. Click the Table Tools Design or Table Design tab in the Ribbon. Click the More down arrow on the bottom right in the Table Styles gallery. A drop-down menu appears. Click a table style to apply it as a base style.
How can I change the format of my table of contents?
Format the text in your table of contents. Go to References > Table of Contents > Custom Table of Contents. Select Modify. If Modify is grayed out, change Formats to From template. In the Styles list, click the level that you want to change and then click Modify. In the Modify Style pane make your changes.