How do I reset my MS Word 2007 to its original default settings?
- Right-click the desktop’s lower left corner, and then click “Control Panel” to launch the Control Panel.
- Click “Programs” then click “Default Programs” to open the Default Programs window.
- Click “Set Your Default Programs.”
How do I change my Microsoft Office 2007 to English?
On the taskbar, click Start. 2. Go to: All Programs | Microsoft Office 2007 | Microsoft Office Tools | Microsoft Office 2007 Language Settings. The Microsoft Office Language Setting 2007 window appears.
How do I change Word 2007 to UK English?
Changing between English Variants
- Select the text to be converted.
- Display the Review tab of the ribbon.
- If you are using Word 2007, click the Set Language tool in the Proofing group.
- Select the variation to which you want to convert.
- Click on OK.
- Press F7.
- Make corrections, as appropriate, when prompted.
Why does my default language keep changing word?
Generally speaking, Microsoft Word takes its default language from the PC’s local settings in the Control Panel. However, that action is based on opening a blank, new document. Furthermore, Word auto-detects the language based on your typing.
How do I reset Word to default settings?
Unfortunately, there is no button in Word to reset the program to its default settings. However, you can rename Word’s global template to see if that fixes its problems. If Word continues to have issues or it runs very slow, another option is to delete Word’s registry key.
How do I change default settings in Word?
On the Format menu, click Document, and then click the Layout tab. Make any changes that you want, and then click Default.
How do I change the default language in Microsoft Office 2007?
To set the default language:
- Open an Office program, such as Word.
- Click File > Options > Language.
- In the Set the Office Language Preferences dialog box, under Choose Display and Help Languages, choose the language that you want to use, and then select Set as Default.
How do I change Microsoft Office to English?
To configure the display language:
- Within any Office application, select File > Options > Language.
- Under Office display Language, make sure the display language you want Office to use is listed.
- Select the language you want, and then select Set as Preferred.
How do I use British English in Word?
Changing Language Settings
- Go to the “Review” tab and find the “Language” section.
- Click on “Language” and select “Set Proofing Language…”
- Choose the language required in your document from the new window and click “OK”
How do I change autocorrect to English in Word?
Setting proofing language in Office online
- Open the Microsoft Word app on your web browser.
- Click the Review tab.
- Click the Spelling & Grammar (arrow) button and select the Set Proofing Language option.
- Select the new language that you want to use for proofing.
- Click the OK button.
Why is Word defaulting to US English?
9; Word starts automatically when Windows boots up. The default language is managed by the attribute set in your Normal template. This can be set by clicking the “Set as Default” button in the Language dialog (Review > Language > Language | Set Proofing Language…), or by editing the Normal template.
How do I get rid of proofing language in Word?
Open a Microsoft Office program, such as Word. Click File > Options > Language. Under Choose Editing Languages, select the language that you want to remove, and then click Remove.