Why does my DVD player keep skipping?
DVDs can skip for a number of reasons. Dust might have accumulated on the surface of the DVD, the disc might be scratched, or the DVD player itself might not be working properly. Clean the surface of the DVD, rub out any scratches, and clean your DVD player to stop your DVD skipping in future.
How do I get my DVD player to stop skipping?
If the disc is still skipping, try softly blowing into the player’s disc feed. Dust particles can accumulate over the lens, causing it to skip. If rubbing alcohol is not available, grab a bottle of distilled water. Tap water contains a high concentration of salt that can make the problem worse.
How do I fix my glitchy DVD?
How to Fix DVD Freezes
- Inspect the DVD on both sides.
- Get your cloth.
- Run water over the dirty surface of the DVD.
- Wipe the crud off the DVD carefully, from the center out.
- Don’t put too much pressure on the cloth.
How do I reset my Insignia DVD player?
Reset your DVD player. See Question 19 for instructions….If you have the NS-D150A13 DVD player:
- Press SETUP.
- Press ▲ or ▼ to select Default Settings, then press OK.
- Press ► to highlight Defaults, press ► to select Reset, then press OK.
How do I turn on my Insignia DVD player?
- To turn on your player:
- 1 Slide the ON/OFF switch on the side of your player to the ON position.
- 2 The start-up picture (DVD VIDEO) appears on the screen.
- 3 After use, slide the ON/OFF switch to the OFF position.
Why won’t my DVD player play my DVD?
Playback problems with a DVD typically are caused by one of four factors: The DVD is dirty and smudged; the laser lens in the DVD player’s disc drive needs cleaning; the DVD player no longer is tracking properly; or the disc is scratched.
How do I charge my Insignia DVD player?
- To connect to AC power:
- 1 Plug one end of the AC power adapter into the DC IN jack on the side of your player.
- 2 Plug the other end of the adapter into an AC wall outlet.
- 3 Plug the other end of the adapter into a 12V vehicle power outlet or vehicle cigarette.