How do I setup my Linksys WRT54G as an access point?
Linksys Wireless-G Router (WRT54G)…Configuring an Access Point as a wireless repeater
- Access the router’s web-based setup page.
- When the router’s web-based setup page opens, click Status then click Wireless.
- Take note of the MAC Address.
- Connect a computer to the access point.
- Assign a static IP address on the computer.
How do I setup my Linksys router as an access point?
How to change a Linksys router to AP mode
- Connect a computer to the Linksys router and launch a web browser.
- Visit the following router configuration page:
- You are prompted to enter a username and password.
- Click on Advanced settings > Administration > Operation Mode.
How do I use my Linksys wrt54g as a repeater?
How to Set Up a WRT54GS as a Repeater
- Reset Router. Plug the power adapter into the secondary WRT54GS and into a wall outlet.
- Update Firmware. Open your browser and download the “DD-WRT” firmware package (see Resources).
- Set Static IP Address. Connect the secondary WRT54GS router to the computer using an Ethernet cable.
How do I Reset my Linksys WRT54G2 router?
How do I reset the Linksys WRT54G2 to factory default settings? To reset the router to factory default settings, press the Reset button for 10 seconds while the device is powered ON.
What does the Linksys WRT54G wireless gateway do?
The Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Broadband Router is a 3-in-1 residential gateway device. It acts as a wireless access point which lets you connect your wireless computers and devices to it without using wires. It also serves as a built-in 4-port full-duplex 10/100 switch to connect your wired devices to it using Ethernet cables.
How to configure a Linksys access point?
Linksys Wireless-G Access Point (WAP54G) Linksys Wireless-G Router (WRT54G) To configure the access point as a wireless repeater, you need to perform two steps: Checking the Wireless MAC Address of a Wireless Router/Access Point. Setting-Up Wireless Repeater Mode on the WAP54G.
What’s the default IP address for Linksys WRT router?
See what’s new with the Linksys WRT Wireless Router! To learn more, click here. 2. What default IP Address, username and password are used to log in to the router’s web-based setup page? The default IP Address is 192.168.1.1. On the log in window, leave the username blank and the password is “admin”.
How much does a Linksys wireless router cost?
Most computer retailers offers the Linksys WRT54G Wireless Router for about $49 and Wireless Access Points for $99. Why waste $50 if you don’t have to? You can convert a wireless router to become a simple access point if that’s all you need.