How do I update my Apple ID number?
Change your Apple ID
- Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in.
- In the Account section, choose Edit.
- Choose Change Apple ID.
- Enter the email address that you want to use.
- Choose Continue.
- If you changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, check your email for a verification code, then enter the code.
Why is my phone asking me to update Apple ID settings?
Why Does My iPhone Say “Update Apple ID Settings”? Your iPhone says “Update Apple ID Settings” because you have to sign into your Apple ID again to keep using certain account services. Most of the time, this just means you have to reenter your Apple ID password on your iPhone!
How do I change the trusted phone number on my Apple ID?
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
- In the Security section, click Edit.
- Click Add a Trusted Phone number.
- To add a number, enter the phone number and verify it with a text.
- To remove a number, click. next to the phone number you want to remove.
How can I recover my Apple ID without trusted number?
If you lost / can’t reach the trusted device or phone number associated with your Apple ID
- Go to your Apple ID account page and enter your Apple ID and password.
- On the Verify Your Identity screen, select “Can’t access your trusted devices?”
- In the pop-up window, enter your Recovery Key.
Why is my Apple ID showing up instead of my phone number?
Update to the latest version of iOS. Verify that you’re using the same Apple ID that you’re using on your iPhone. On your iPad or iPod touch, sign out of your Apple ID in the following locations: Settings > Messages > Send & Receive.
Why am I being asked to review my Apple ID phone number?
Basically, Apple wants you to have a trusted number associated with your Apple ID account. This trusted phone number is critical to keeping access to your account, especially if you forget your Apple ID or password.
How do I get rid of Apple ID suggestions in settings?
Fortunately, it’s easy to get rid of them by following the steps below.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap the alert asking you to Finish Setting Up Your iPhone/iPad.
- Tap the settings suggestion that you skipped during the initial setup of your device.
- Tap the Set Up Later option on the next screen.
How do I recover my Apple ID with a different phone number?
From your Apple ID account page In the Account section, click Edit. Under your Apple ID, click Change Apple ID. After you enter the mobile phone number that you want to use as your Apple ID, a verification code is sent to you at that number. Enter the verification code from the text into the fields provided.
How can I log into my Apple ID without verification code?
By logging in to your AppleID in a web browser with your password and recovery key, you can set a new trusted device and/or SMS text number to receive codes at. If your Apple ID is using either two factor authentication or two step verification, then you cannot log in without the verification code.
How do I update my iPhone to a new computer?
Launch iTunes on your computer, select your iPhone on the list of devices and click the “Summary” tab. Select “Check for Update” and then click “Download and Update” to initiate the update.
How do I update my Apple software?
Type Apple Software Update in the search field. Click on Apple Software Update when it appears in the search results dialog. Apple Software Update checks to see if any updates are available. Select the checkbox next to the updates that you want to install, click on the Install button, and then follow the onscreen instructions.
How do you download iTunes updates?
Step 1: Launch iTunes. Step 2: Click the iTunes menu button at the top-left corner of the window, then click the Show Menu Bar option. Step 3: Click Help at the top of the window, then click Check for Updates. Step 4: If there is an update available, you can click the Download iTunes button on…
What is the Apple software update program?
The Apple Software Update program is a safe updater service for both PC and Mac computers. The program is designed to keep any Apple-designed programs on your computer up-to-date with the latest software versions.