How cold does Sun Peaks get?
Weather by month // weather averages Sun Peaks
|Avg. Temperature °C (°F)||-7.7 °C (18.1) °F||-7.1 °C (19.1) °F|
|Min. Temperature °C (°F)||-10.4 °C (13.4) °F||-9.3 °C (15.3) °F|
|Max. Temperature °C (°F)||-4 °C (24.9) °F||-4.2 °C (24.4) °F|
|Precipitation / Rainfall mm (in)||61 (2.4)||68 (2.7)|
What is Sun Peaks known for?
As you pull into the European-style village of Sun Peaks, you will immediately understand why this place is known for its 360 degrees of skiing. All around, ski runs flow down from Sun Peaks’ three mountains, Tod Mountain, Sundance and Mount Morrisey, to the ski-in, ski-out village below.
What did Sun Peaks used to be called?
Formerly known as Tod Mountain, Sun Peaks was purchased in 1992, and has since grown to 4,270 skiable acres of skiable terrain and is now the second largest ski area in Canada.
What is there to do in Sun Peaks in September?
7 Activities to try in Sun Peaks this September
- Horseback Trail Rides & Riding Lessons. Try something new and soak in views by horseback.
- Canoe & Kayak Rentals.
- Fly Fishing.
- Stand-Up Paddle Boarding.
- Bonus Weekends, September 18 to 20; September 25 to 27.
Does Sun Peaks have snow?
The snow forecast for Sun Peaks is: Moderate rain (total 10.0mm), heaviest on Sun night.
Does Sun Peaks make snow?
Sun Peaks receives 6 metres of snow annually, and the mountains become covered with light, dry powder that is famous to the interior of BC.
Does Sun Peaks have night skiing?
Night Skiing Sun Peaks – Night skiing resort Sun Peaks Village Platter.
Does Sun Peaks have tubing?
With its curving lanes, Tube Time is a ride unlike any other lift accessed tube park. All ages are welcome and tubes are provided. Purchase your tickets at Guest Services, located in the Village Day Lodge. The tube park is accessed via the carpet lift located beside the Village Platter Lift.
Is Sun Peaks owned by Vail?
Besides Nippon Cable of Japan owning 100% of Sun Peaks Resort, it also owns 25% of Whistler/Blackcomb while most of the remaining ownership of Whistler/Blackcomb was sold to the owners of the Vail ski resort in 2016/17.
What can you do at Sun Peaks in summer?
Family-Friendly Summer Activities
- Cross Country Biking & Tours. Discover Sun Peaks and enjoy rewarding and breathtaking views and locations.
- Canoe & Kayak Rentals.
- Heffley Lake SUP & Kayak Rentals and Lessons.
- Horseback Trail Rides & Riding Lessons.
- Shuswap Medicine Trail.
What is there to do at Sun Peaks in the fall?
Some of our favorite Sun Peaks fall activities include:
- Night Time Stand Up Paddleboard Tours on beautiful Heffley Lake with Paddle Surfit.
- Exploring the trails with a Sun Peaks eBike rental (save 10% by mentioning BestSunPeaks when you reserve)
- Sun Peaks Craft Beer and Winery Tours – delicious and fun!
How do you get to Sun Peaks?
Sun Peaks is centrally located in the Thompson Okanagan, only a 45 minute drive from Kamloops and less than an hour by air from Vancouver and Calgary International Airports. The secondary airport gateway in the Okanagan is in Kelowna, only a 2.5 hour drive to Sun Peaks.