How do I plan a Southwest road trip?
Quick Tips for Your Southwest USA Road Trip
- Pick up an America the Beautiful Pass.
- Beware the heat.
- If you’re renting a car, shop around.
- Read the rental requirements carefully.
- Make sure you pack the right gear.
- Book travel insurance.
- Don’t overextend yourself.
- Set realistic expectations for visiting US national parks.
How many miles is the grand circle road trip?
Let’s head on a Grand Circle road trip. Yes sir the Flintstones would love this trip through the rocks. Covering nearly 1500 miles of the Colorado Plateau, the Grand Circle comprises a variety of canyons, monuments and rock formations.
How do I plan a road trip in the US?
Top Tips for Planning Your Epic American Road Trip
- Choose Your Mode of Transportation.
- Choose Who Will Go With You.
- Pick Your Route Ahead of Time.
- Don’t Get Too Strict With Your Plans.
- Know Where You’re Going to Sleep.
- Set Up a Budget.
- Find Ways to Save Money.
- Don’t Neglect the Music.
What should I pack for a Southwest road trip?
- Warm, windproof fleece jacket.
- Lightweight, waterproof (not just water-resistant) rain gear. — We recommend a rain jacket with a hood and rain pants.
- Hiking boots.
- Hat and gloves.
- Sun hat.
- 2 pairs of long pants.
- 2–3 long-sleeved shirts.
- 2–3 short-sleeved T-shirts.
What is there to see between Santa Fe and Grand Canyon?
Best stops along Santa Fe to Grand Canyon National Park drive
- Broken Saddle Riding Co. Horseback riding serviceOutdoor ActivitiesStableHorseback Riding Tours.
- Bradbury Science Museum. On 1 list.
- Bandelier National Monument.
- Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument.
- Sandia Peak Tramway.
- ABQ BioPark.
- Old Town.
- Jemez Hot Springs.
What is there to do between Moab and Grand Canyon?
Best stops along Moab to Grand Canyon National Park drive
- Golf Course Rock Art Site. Historical landmarkSights & LandmarksPoints of Interest & Landmarks.
- La Sal Mountain Loop Rd.
- Corona Arch.
- Hole ‘N’ The Rock.
- Dead Horse Point State Park.
- Mesa Arch.
- Newspaper Rock State Historical Monument.
- The Needles Visitor Center.
How much does a month long road trip cost?
Summary of Road Trip Expenses Between the two of us, we spent $2,259.17, or $1,129.58 per person, for an average daily expenditure of $37.56 per day per person during our month long road trip.
Which is the best tour to go to Southwest USA?
Southwest USA Tours & Trips. Find the right tour package for you through Southwest USA. We’ve got 270 tours going to Southwest USA, starting from just 3 days in length, and the longest tour is 170 days. The most popular month to go is September, which has the most number of tour departures.
Where to go on a 10 day southwest road trip?
Wake up early to catch the free shuttle into Zion National Park, the first of the Mighty 5 parks you’ll visit on this road trip. From March through early autumn, no private vehicles are allowed to use the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive, so you’ll need to pick up another shuttle at the Visitors Center in order to head further into the park.
What to do in Arizona on a road trip?
Welcome to Arizona, the third state on our epic Southwest US road trip. There’s plenty to do around Page: Horseshoe Bend and Antelope Canyon are two must-sees on this Southwest road trip itinerary. Let’s squeeze in some kayaking or a stand-up paddleboarding session on Lake Powell, or rafting down the Colorado River!
Where to go in the southwest in Nevada?
Fun fact: It was Nevada’s very first state park. Even if you just have an hour or two, you can drive the epic White Domes Road and hike out to the Fire Wave – it makes for an excellent introduction to the Southwest. Valley of Fire is an hour outside of Vegas, and Zion National Park is another 2 hours beyond that.