How do I use the clean on my Philips Azur iron?
All Philips steam irons
- Fill the water tank and turn on.
- When the light goes out, unplug and hold the iron over the sink so the soleplate is horizontal.
- Activate CALC CLEAN using the button or selector.
- Shake the iron gently back and forth until empty.
- Heat the iron and glide over a cloth to clean the soleplate.
How do I clean the soleplate on my Philips iron?
Instructions to clean the soleplate of your Philips Iron Unplug the iron and place it on its heel with a piece of cotton cloth underneath. Apply the cleaning stick to the dirty area once or twice. Wipe the dirty area and liquid from the soleplate with the piece of cotton cloth.
How do you descale a Philips steam generator iron?
Performing descaling Fill the water tank half way and switch on the appliance. Turn the temperature dial to “CALC CLEAN”. Place the iron on the Calc Clean Container on an even, stable surface. Press and hold the “CALC CLEAN” button for 2 seconds until you hear short beeps.
How do I clean my Philips garment steamer?
Basic Rinse function
- Unplug and let cool completely (at least 1 hour).
- When cool, dismantle the pole, disconnect the steam hose and remove the water tank.
- Pour the water out of the base unit into the sink and shake gently.
- Fill the water tank and place it back. Wait 10 seconds. Shake. Empty. Repeat several times.
What is Calc clean on an iron?
Descaling Philips steam irons using the Built-in Calc Container function. Our specially designed built-in calc container collects calc particles during ironing. The Self Clean process flushes the calc out of the iron to maintain consistent ironing performance day after day.
What is the best way to clean an iron?
How to Clean an Iron: 11 Ways to Tackle an Iron Bottom
- Dissolve Tylenol Into a Hot Iron Soleplate.
- Create an Iron Cleaning Paste With Baking Soda.
- Use a Cotton Swab to Clean Out the Steam Holes.
- Soak a Towel in Vinegar.
- Add Vinegar to the Water Reservoir.
- Make Magic With a Magic Eraser.
- Iron Over a Newspaper and Salt.
Can I use vinegar to descale my iron?
Deep clean your iron Alternatively, pour equal parts white vinegar and water into the water reservoir until it’s a third full. Turn it on to medium heat and let it steam for about five to 10 minutes so all the vinegar evaporates. Wipe the base of the iron and steam vents with a paper towel.
Why is my Philips Garment Steamer not working?
If the tank is empty, your Philips Garment Steamer will not be able to produce steam. Please, refill the water tank. If the water tank is not properly inserted, your garment steamer might not be able to produce steam. Please, remove the water tank and insert it again correctly.
How do you clean a Philips steam iron?
Activate CALC CLEAN using the button or selector. (Varies per model. Press and hold, if necessary.) Shake the iron gently back and forth until empty. Water, steam and scale will come out of the steam vents. Heat the iron and glide over a cloth to clean the soleplate. Repeat process, if necessary.
How often should I descale my Philips iron?
Yes, we recommend descaling your Philips iron every 1-2 months. The Quick Calc release collects many loose calc particles, but not all. By descaling your iron regularly, all calc particles will be removed and your appliance will have a longer lifetime.
What’s the best way to clean an iron soleplate?
Here are the steps for how to clean an iron soleplate with vinegar: Mix equal amounts of white vinegar and salt in a saucepan. Heat the mixture gently (you’re just warming it up, not trying to boil it). Take the pan off the stove before you start cleaning.
How often should I Clean my steam iron?
Heat the iron and glide over a cloth to clean the soleplate. Repeat process, if necessary. Repeat this whole process once a month, or more if necessary. Unplug the iron and make sure that the iron is cool. Lie the iron flat and push up the Quick Calc Release lock at the back of your iron.