How do I write a CV in South Africa 2020?
Professional CV template South Africa
- Contact information. Include your full name, address of your residence, phone number, and email address.
- Academic history.
- Work experience.
- Skills and achievements.
- Professional memberships.
How do I write a good CV in South Africa?
South Africa CV tips
- To ensure your South African CV makes the right first impression here’s a few tips:
- Do send a cover letter with your CV.
- Don’t include a photo.
- Do print on quality paper using black ink and a plain font.
- Do proofread your CV at least two times to check for spelling and grammar mistakes.
How many pages should a CV be South Africa?
Our top tips for writing a CV in South Africa: Keep the CV to a minimum: The length of your CV shouldn’t be more than 2-3 A4 pages, so keep it concise and to the point. Use positive language: Use power words when describing work achievements.
How can I make my CV stand out in South Africa?
10 ways to make your CV stand out to land that job
- Only include your address if it works in your favour.
- Be a name dropper.
- Use your performance reviews.
- Don’t go overboard with keywords.
- Use common sense email etiquette.
- When it comes to skills, quality over quantity.
- Choose to share social accounts strategically.
What you shouldn’t put on your CV?
11 Things You Shouldn’t Include on Your Resume
- Too much information.
- A solid wall of text.
- Spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
- Inaccuracies about your qualifications or experience.
- Unnecessary personal information.
- Your age.
- Negative comments about a former employer.
- Details about your hobbies and interests.
Should you include a photo on your CV South Africa?
Unless you’re applying for a job as a model, don’t include a photo of yourself in your CV. According to HuffPost, including your photo may leave you open to potential bias against you. It also protects companies from discriminating against you based on your race, weight, age and appearance.
Should I put a photo on my CV South Africa?
Including a photo on your resume is generally recommended in the above areas, even if employers don’t explicitly ask for one. Therefore, some employers may ask you not to include a photo with your application, in which case, you should abide.
Do and don’ts in CV writing?
To assist you when writing your CV, we have summarised some handy dos and don’ts:
- Do Keep it concise with no more than two sides.
- Do Steer clear of unnecessary information such as gender, age and religion.
- Do Begin sentences with verbs, rather than writing in the first person.
What to do with your CV in South Africa?
Your South African CV is your best marketing tool to potential employers. You’ll want it to stand out for the right reasons, highlighting you as a suitable candidate for the interview stages. Especially as in South Africa you typically can’t enter the country to work without securing South African employment.
What does Curriculum Vitae mean in South Africa?
Compiling a Curriculum Vitae | South African Government Compiling a Curriculum Vitae A Curriculum Vitae (CV) is a short description of where you’ve worked, where you went to school and your skills and qualifications. It gives an employer a sense of what you can do and what experience you have.
How to write a resume in South Africa?
In South Africa! It is also actually quite a good question, the reason being that different counties have different cultures and expectations for resume presentation. And South Africa is no different. Knowing what South African recruiters and hiring managers expect can greatly improve your chances of submitting a CV that gets noticed.
How to apply for a job in South Africa?
With employment in South Africa, it’s possible to apply for advertised positions, as well as speculatively applying to companies. There are two types of CVs South African employers expect: a brief profile and a comprehensive CV. The former is a one-page CV, similar to a résumé, with a shortened and concise summary of the comprehensive CV.