Who originally sang helpless?
“Helpless” is a song written by Canadian singer-songwriter Neil Young, recorded by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young (CSNY) on their 1970 album Déjà Vu….Helpless (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young song)
|Song by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young|
|Producer(s)||Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young|
What songs did Neil Young perform at Live Aid?
- Sugar Mountain. (Neil Young cover)
- The Needle and the Damage Done. (Neil Young cover)
- Helpless. (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young cover)
- Nothing Is Perfect. (Neil Young cover) (live debut)
- Powderfinger. (Neil Young & Crazy Horse cover)
What’s the song helpless about?
More so than any other song, “Helpless” touches on Young’s earliest childhood memories. Young came down with polio by age six, prompting his parents to spend a year in Florida hoping the warmer weather would speed his cure.
Who sang helpless in the last waltz?
Who sang helpless in Hamilton?
Original Broadway Cast of Hamilton
What was Helpless inspired by?
of Alexander Hamilton
“Helpless” is the tenth song from Act 1 of the musical Hamilton, based on the life of Alexander Hamilton, which premiered on Broadway in 2015.
What songs are Hamilton songs based on?
Hamilton: Every Music Easter Egg & Reference
- “What’s your name?” – Multiple Artists.
- “Empire State of Mind” – Jay Z & Alicia Keys.
- New York Subway Performers.
- “Shook Ones Pt.
- “You’ve Got to Be Carefully Taught” – South Pacific.
- “Going Back to Cali” – Notorious BIG.
- The Pirates of Penzance – Gilbert and Sullivan.
When did Neil Young record the song Helpless?
Helpless was originally recorded with Young’s band Crazy Horse in early 1969, before Young’s new CSNY bandmates (he had joined the then-trio in mid-1969) convinced him it would suit them better.
How to avoid canceling Neil Young on YouTube?
To avoid this, cancel and sign in to YouTube on your computer. Official merchandise and music only @ NYA! An error occurred while retrieving sharing information. Please try again later.
Who is Neil Young of Neil Young and Crazy Horse?
Neil Percival Young (born November 12, 1945) is a Canadian singer-songwriter, guitarist, and social activist who is widely regarded as one of the most influential musicians of his generation, particularly as Neil Young & Crazy Horse.