How do I write a CV for a school leaver?
Here’s how to write a school-leaver CV:
- Use the Best Format for Your School Leaver CV.
- Put Your Contact Details in Your CV Header.
- Write a School Leaver CV Personal Statement.
- Include an Education Section.
- Complete Your School Leaver Work Experience Section.
- Show Off Your School Leaver CV Skills.
How do I write a CV for a school leaver with no experience?
Writing a CV With No Job Experience – What to Include (Format & Structure)
- Personal Profile. After including personal information such as name, address, email address, and phone number, add a personal statement.
- Work Experience.
- Hobbies & Interests.
- Soft and Hard Skills.
What should a school leaver CV look like?
Good things to include are;
- Your highest academic achievements – A Level in maths, 10 GCSEs A-C.
- IT Package proficiency – Word, Excel, Photoshop.
- Any experience that could be relevant to your target roles – School projects, voluntary work, work placements, personal projects or pursuits.
What should a 16 year old put on a CV?
Here are the steps for writing a CV for a 16-year-old:
- Gather your information.
- Decide on a structure.
- Write your CV profile or objective.
- Add your core skills and achievements.
- List education and experience.
- Include hobbies and interests if needed.
How do I write my first CV example?
What to put in your first CV
- Full name.
- Contact details: Address, telephone, email.
- Personal statement: (see below)
- Key skills (see below)
- Education: Where you’ve studied, for how long, and what grades you got. If you haven’t got any results yet, you can put what grades you’ve been predicted.
- Work experience.
What do I put on my CV if I have no experience?
How to Write a Great CV with No Work Experience
- Identify your most impressive qualities. via GIPHY.
- Open with a personal statement. via GIPHY.
- List skills rather than roles. via GIPHY.
- Don’t forget “obvious” skills. via GIPHY.
- Treat your extra-curricular activities like jobs. via GIPHY.
- Play up your degree.
- Add some personality.
What should a 15 year old put on a CV?
For teenagers, if you have work experience, your CV layout should be:
- Personal details.
- Personal statement.
- Work experience.
- Hobbies & interests.
Do I need a CV for a part time job?
Whether you’re looking for a role which will fit alongside your studies, or you are looking to ease back into work after a break, finding a part-time job requires a strong CV. Competition for part-time roles can be tough, but a well-written CV is sure to help you stand out from the crowd.
How do I make my CV a PDF?
How to create a resume PDF
- Click on “File” in the upper left-hand corner.
- Click on “Save As” in the menu that appears.
- When the box appears, click on the drop-down menu beside “file format.”
- Choose PDF from the menu.
- Click “Save.”
How do I write a CV for a part time job?
Part-time work CV tips and examples
- Mentioning your motives for going part-time in the personal statement.
- Always highlight your achievements.
- Match skills to the job where relevant.
- Edit and proofread.
Should a 15 year old have a CV?
Age – ordinarily it wouldn’t be necessary to include your age. However, if you’re under 16, it’s important that you tell prospective employers so they can make sure the job is suitable for you. They may also need to check that you are covered by their insurance.
What should a 14 year old put on a resume?
Here is a guide to help you:
- Read the job description thoroughly.
- Provide contact details.
- Include an objective statement.
- Add relevant sections.
- Provide facts and figures where possible.
- Edit and proofread your resume.
- Example resume for 14-year-old with no work experience.
- Example resume for 16-year-old with work experience.
Can you use a CV template for a school leaver?
Our school leaver CV template offers real examples of the types of ‘experience’ you can include, even if you haven’t had any formal work experience. * Every effort has been made to design this CV template according to best practice so that your information can be read by ATS software correctly.
What kind of work can I do as a school leaver?
Give examples. Voluntary or part time work is a fantastic way of gaining those soft skills and will always look great on a school leavers CV, as it shows that you already have experience of a working environment.
Do you put work experience on your CV?
However, if you do have some relevant work experience, then place your work history above your education. Work history is an area that many school leavers struggle with as they often work part-time jobs that they feel will not look impressive on their CV.
How can I make my CV stand out?
But, with the right amount of enthusiasm, research and professionalism, (not to mention time spent viewing some helpful CV examples ), there’s no reason your application still can’t stand out. To help you increase your chances of success, we’ve put together our CV template for your first job: Just here for the template? Click the link below: