How do I change the category of my WordPress URL?
To change your bases of tags and categories, go to your admin dashboard, and then go to Settings > Permalinks:
- Under the Optional section, change the existing bases by the ones you want and click Save Changes.
- When you add a new category, enter a specific slug that defines your category.
How do I rename a category in WordPress?
How to Rename a Category
- Go to Posts > Categories.
- Find the category name you wish to change and click Edit.
- Change the category name.
- Change the category Slug, the permalink “nice” name for the category.
- Add or change the category description.
- Click Update.
How do I get the category name in WordPress URL?
Adding Category and Subcategory in WordPress Post URLs Next, you need to add /Êtegory%/%postname%/ in the field next to custom structure. After that, don’t forget to click on the save changes button to store your settings. That’s all WordPress will now start including category and subcategory in WordPress URLs.
How do I change the category and tag URL prefix in WordPress?
Changing Category Base Prefix in WordPress You need to visit Settings » Permalinks page and scroll down to the ‘Optional’ section. Here you can enter the prefix you would like to use next to the category base option. You can also change the tag base prefix if you want.
How do I set the category on my website?
- Step 1 – Create a category and define a name for the category. Open the ‘Categories’ pane by clicking the ‘Categories’ tab in the ‘Web Filtering Settings’ interface. Click ‘Add’ from the ‘Categories’ pane. The ‘Add New Category’ dialog will appear.
- Step 2 – Add Website to be included to the category.
How do I hide category URL in WordPress?
Remove Category in WordPress Permalinks
- Connect to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Settings >> Permalinks.
- Go to Custom Structure and put ‘/%category%/%postname%/’.
- Go to Category Base and type in a dot “. “.
- Save the changes.
How do I change categories?
To edit your Page’s category:
- From your News Feed, click Pages in the left menu.
- Go to your Page.
- Click Edit Page Info on the left side of your Page.
- Next to Categories, type in up to 3 categories and select an option from the dropdown list that appears.
- Click Save Changes.
How do you edit categories?
To edit a category, hover your mouse over the category and click edit or quick edit. You may also simply click on the category name to the right and make edits to the fields provided. Click Update. To delete one category, hover over the category and click delete from the menu that appears.
What is link category in WordPress?
Links → Link Categories Each Link in WordPress is filed under one or more Link Categories. This aids in navigation and allows Links to be grouped with others of similar content. In creating Link Categories, recognize that each Link Category name must be unique.
How do I link a page to a category in WordPress?
Once a category has been assigned to the post, and the post is published, edit the navigation menu to add the category page:
- Open the Customizer.
- Go to Menus.
- Select the menu to edit.
- Click on Add Items.
- Select Categories.
- Click the Plus icon next to the Category you want to add.
- Click Publish to save the changes.
How do I find the URL of a tag in WordPress?
Changing how the Category or Tag URL will look
- Login to the WordPress Dashboard.
- Click on Settings, then click on Permalinks.
- Here you will see the Permalinks settings at the top the page.
- Click on the Category Base field and type in the custom label you want to use for the Category URL.
How do I change a custom URL in WordPress?
At the top of the Menus screen, next to ‘Select a menu to edit’, choose the menu you want to add a custom link to from the drop-down list, then click ‘Select’. Click on the ‘Custom Links’ heading from the menu options which appear below. Type or paste the URL into the URL text field.
How do you change the URL of a category in WordPress?
You need to visit Posts » Categories page in the WordPress admin and click on the edit link below the Uncategorized category. This will bring you to the category edit screen where you can rename your category and change its URL slug. If your site is not live or indexed by search engines, then you can change the URL slug.
What happens when you rename a category in WordPress?
So if you are using that URL in your WordPress menu then the link in the menu will not update itself. You would need to manually update that link to the new category url. Once you have renamed your WordPress category, you will need to setup proper redirection for search engines and users.
Can you delete a default category in WordPress?
You cannot delete a default category, but you can rename it. You need to visit Posts » Categories page in the WordPress admin and click on the edit link below the Uncategorized category. This will bring you to the category edit screen where you can rename your category and change its URL slug.
Can you merge two categories into one in WordPress?
By merging you can combine two or more categories into one. One thing that you might want to keep in mind is that changing a category slug will change the category URL. So if you are using that URL in your WordPress menu then the link in the menu will not update itself. You would need to manually update that link to the new category url.