What is ServiceNow problem management?
ServiceNow® Problem Management helps to identify the cause of an error in the IT infrastructure, reported as occurrences of related incidents. Problem Management is responsible for managing the life cycle of all problems and to prevent problems and resulting incidents from happening.
What is problem management in ITIL process?
Objective: Problem Management aims to manage the lifecycle of all Problems. The primary objectives of this ITIL process are to prevent Incidents from happening, and to minimize the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented.
What is a problem ticket in ServiceNow?
In ServiceNow, a problem can be created while an incident is being fixed or after the incident is solved. There is no problem if different IT specialists process incidents, as while typing a problem description they can check whether there is any related information in the knowledge base.
What is problem record ServiceNow?
When the cause of an incident is an error or widespread issue, you can create a problem record to track the root cause of the issue. Role required: agent_workspace_user or admin. Navigate to Workspace Experience > Workspaces > Agent Workspace Home.
What are the two types of problem management?
Problem Management consists of two major processes:
- Reactive Problem Management, which is generally executed as part of Service Operation.
- Proactive Problem Management which is initiated in Service Operation, but generally driven as part of Continual service improvement (CSI).
What are the KPIs of problem management?
Problem Management KPIs
- number of problems registered,
- number of problems solved,
- number and percentage of problems with root cause identified,
- number and percentage of problems with workaround available,
- average age of a problem, per business impact,
What is the main benefit of problem management ITIL?
The main reasons for adopting ITIL Problem Management are: To resolve Problems effectively and in a timely manner. To identify and resolve Problems and known errors in a proactive manner such that occurrences of Incidents is reduced. To provide management information about Problems and their resolution.
What are the main parts of problem tickets?
Client Service – for the root cause CI on the Incident.
What are the three stages of problem management?
Problem management involves three distinct phases:
- Problem Identification. Problem identification activities identify and log problems by:
- Problem Control. Problem control activities include problem analysis and documenting workarounds and known errors.
- Error Control.
How do I raise a problem in ServiceNow?
Once logged into ServiceNow and viewing an Incident:
- Ensure the Incident is in a Resolved state; with all mandatory fields populated with final, known information.
- Right Click on the Top Menu Bar.
- Select “Create Problem”
- This action will instantly create a Problem Ticket.